Saturday, October 8, 2011

Steak butter heaven


I went a little overboard for lunch and was far too full for dinner, but if you're going to over do something nothing beats a good slab of beef and lashings of butter.


I whipped up a quick herb butter by blending butter, grated garlic, lemon rind, a splash of cider vinegar, oregano and parsley.


Roll it in to a log and put it in the freezer (it should keep a good few months in there)


Next grill that big piece of beef (as you can see above I like mine rare). I used rump, I really like the rump cut for a good flavoured juicy steak.


Seeing as there is an abundance of asparagus available at the moment. I sautéed some in the same pan as the beef and then deglazed it with some wine and then reduced until the stalks were cooked.

Then all I need to do was assemble it and devour.