Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Two Weeks of Food Madness (Bliss?)


Wellington on a plate has wrapped up, two weeks of food madness finished, and many a oyster eaten. There have been, apart from all the great restaurant deals, some great events, and it ended appropriately for some food bloggers, with a two day conference held mainly at Le Cordon Bleu. Thanks to all of the sponsors and organisers of the conference, check out the list of the great people who made everything possible. Can’t wait for next year. Once I’ve had a decent chance to sort out all the photos I took, I will probably do a gallery post about the conference.

Le Cordon Bleu The New Zealand Chocolate Festival T Leaf TArcher McRae Alessandra Zecchini The Dumpling HouseThe Gourmet GannetGrow from HereHarperCollins PublishersThe Kitchen-MaidL’affaire Au ChocolatMoon Over MartinboroughMy Darling Lemon ThymePeoples CoffeePositively Wellington TourismSix Barrel Soda Co.Viviane PerényiYellow Brick RoadWellington on A PlateBoulcott St BistroCocoFork & BrewerFoxgloveGeneral PractitionerHummingbirdMaginnity’sMonsoon PoonThe Tasting RoomTi KoukaFloriditasFloyd’sLiquid WinksMoore WilsonPop DiningRegal SalmonLittle PenangOmega SeafoodBongustoSt ClairMan O WarNeudorf100% NutzAll Good BananasArohaThe Collective DairyEcoStoreEquagoldKokakoLittle BirdLove Plant LifeR QuteHoly Moly Ice CreamMad MillieIntercontinentalHouse of SabraEat & GreetSo D’Lish

I entered a couple of recipes in Stuff’s My Dish competition, and both of them won their category. Entrée (for Arbitrageur): pork hock with pickled rhubarb & Bistro Classic (for Boulcott Street Bistro): pork cheek confit with fennel and apple sauce. They ended up on the menu of the respective restaurants for a week, which is pretty cool, and awesome seeing someone else interpret my recipe. Check out the recipes, pork cheek confit and pork hock cake.

Last but not least, as I mentioned in my previous post, I was one of the presenters for the City Market Visa Wellington on a Plate event, Pecha Kucha: Imbibe. Well the videos are now on YouTube, I can’t embed them, but you can see my presentation here, and the playlist for the others here.