Monday, August 31, 2009

Pork Belly


Well been AGES since my last post, since then moved and moved again and now back living in town, but the kitchens not so crap anymore, I wonder if I should change the name of this blog, good food in an average kitchen?

So a quickie for my latest post, excuse the photo, my camera died so I had to use my phone to take these (apparently canon used faulty parts in my model, so hopefully they'll play nice)


Pressed Pork Belly
Place pork skin side up on top of sliced garlic and thyme
Cover in foil and place in a oven heated to 170C for 90 minutes
Uncover and cook for another 30-60 minutes

Let the pork cool, and then place a roasting dish on top weighing it down with a couple of cans, then place in fridge.

The next day, cut into portions and roast at about 250C for 15 minutes

I served this up with apple cider vinegar & fennel cauliflower pureeand swede chips & gravy