Saturday, August 27, 2011

Chicken and Red wine redux


I revisited my earlier post and cooked up another lot of red wine and chicken, and I wasn't disappointed. This is quite an image heavy post, so the rest is after the jump.


Chicken cut in half.


No bacon in this lot, and an addition of fennel tops, I missed the bacon.


Chicken in the roasting pan with potatoes in stead of sun-choke, I prefer the sun-choke. This also got the olives and an addition of capers.


Didn't have any foil, so improvised with a bit of baking paper.


Chicken out of the oven uncovered and ready to go back in. The sauce over-reduced a bit due to not having a tight seal with the paper, so I topped it up with a bit more red wine.


Fennel sliced and marinating in some lemon juice.


Beans being shocked after blanching.


Shallots ready to slice.


All mixed up with a simple French dressing.


The strained pan juices.


Plated and delicious.